- I have to apologize friends. I’m in finals week, and slammed at work. I attended a mindfulness seminar last week and learned all about the benefits of brain dumping…but now I just have a dozen brain dump lists of things I need to do. I did check out the Happify app though, which just makes me…happy. I recommend!
- There are so many people and female-driven companies that we would have loved to have had at Harmony 2.0. One of them is a female co-working space on Capitol Hill called The Riveter. Check out their events!!
Things Liana found this week:
- If you are not already following Systems by Susie on Instagram, you should be. Just learned this week a great new mama tip from her, using 3 words “try that again”. What a great tip to use on my 5-year-old to give both him and I an opportunity to do it over and say it better.
- Learned some great organizing tips from Kammie at The Organizing Experts. Do NOT start with paperwork. You can literally do that all day. DO start with the floor and getting everything up and off the floor as your first step. If you ever get a chance to hear her talk or better yet look out for her book to come out this summer!!!
- I am loving this new book “This is How it Always Is” by Laurie Frankel. She is a local Seattle Mom so it feels extra special to be reading it. Going to do a blog post on some of the books I’ve read recently so keep an eye out.
- This weekend I am looking forward to new craft projects and making some dream catchers with my kids. We already have string and beads and maybe a few other items we can use. Thinking we can find sticks outside and make part of the craft event a treasure hunt for sticks and feathers to use.