March 20th is the first day of Spring and I am excited to jump-start this season with a new 2WM challenge called Project 333. Project 333 is the minimalist fashion challenge that invites you to dress with 33 items or less for 3 months. This includes shoes and purses!!!
Now, I am all for simplifying my life, making the start of my day easier, finding a way to reduce time to get out the door, but I also love fashion, color, styles, getting fancy, and using my body to express how I feel. So, no, I am not giving away all of my clothes… but I will box them up and put them out of sight as I try to just live with 33 items.
At the end of the 3 months if it worked for me I will box up my Spring items and try it again for Summer. One of the great things about Seattle is our seasons. In the winter time, it gets cold, snows a little, and is dark by 4pm. In the summertime, we get temperatures into the 90’s and the sun is out until 10pm. I’m hoping having a seasonal wardrobe will help keep my closet and life less cluttered.
- Starts March 20th (so box up everything before then).
- Pick 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear, and shoes.
- The following items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or another sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleepwear, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout).
- Box up the remainder of your stuff and put it out of sight.
- Tip: If you find something out of your chosen 33 items that isn’t working for you swap it out. The goal for me at least is to have the perfect Spring wardrobe by the end of the season. This isn’t a punishment and if you aren’t happy with something, toss it out and find something that does work and makes you happy.
You can follow Courtney Carver the creator of Project 333 on Instagram for more motivation. There are also a lot of Project 333 ideas on Pinterest like this one. I am really not a monochromatic person so my 33 will look nothing like this but do love the layout.
So what I am thinking will be in my 33 for Spring in Seattle? Well for sure my rainboots, and raincoat. It is still cold here in March so I’m going to need some warm clothes like a scarf and pants. It will also be warming up so dresses with some seaters to layer.
They say you only wear 20% of your clothes so hopefully picking 33 items won’t be that hard. I will say I am a little nervous but the fact I can swap out an item if it isn’t working makes me feel better.
This might also help with my impulse buys of clothes I really don’t need. I do StitchFix and I do love clothes, but if I add something new then I need to remove something. This will hopefully make my purchases more meaningful and something I really need, rather than just another pair of skinny jeans. * L